DIY Outdoor Dining Tables: Advantages and How to Make Them
Is it Easy to DIY Outdoor Dining Tables?
Simply put, to create your favorite camping-style restaurant, you need to pay attention to space planning, facility convenience, structural stability, and more importantly, user experience to avoid homogeneity!
In fact, it is not that difficult to build an outdoor dining table. For example, if you want to build a wooden outdoor dining table, don’t throw away the scrap wooden boards left over from home decoration. If there is a guardrail in your yard, you can directly fix the wooden boards on the guardrail and move it outdoors.With chairs and stools, isn’t this a simple outdoor restaurant? Not to mention it saves money.
If it is a stone dining table, you can find a stone you like and then polish it into the style you like.
What Outdoor Dining Options are Available?
The materials for outdoor table and chair combinations are generally made of materials that are durable, anti-corrosive, and easy to clean. Common materials include steel, stainless steel, aluminum alloy, wood, etc.
Tables and chairs made of steel have high durability and strength, but require anti-rust treatment; tables and chairs made of stainless steel have good corrosion resistance and aesthetics, but are more expensive; tables and chairs made of aluminum alloy Light and durable, suitable for relocation and moving, but not as strong as steel; table and chair combinations made of wood have a natural and warm feeling, but require regular maintenance and waterproofing. You can continue to choose freely according to your needs.
If it’s a public restaurant, there are more options. For example, you can create a unique camping-style restaurant experience for users by adding special activities or providing customized services. You can consider organizing outdoor barbecues, outdoor movie parties, outdoor concerts and other activities to attract more users.
How to Build a Wooden Outdoor Dining Table?
- a.Wood of suitable size, or scrap wooden boards left over from home decoration
- b.7CM self-tapping screws and wood wax oil. If you have time and conditions, you can polish the anti-corrosion wood board first.
- a.First fix the rectangular frame of the tabletop with screws
- b.Then fix the panels that were cut in the building materials market to the frame with screws, and drive the screws along the surrounding sides to make sure they are firm.
- c.Then install the table legs and fix them to the inside of the lining with screws
- d.Paint, apply two coats of colored wood wax oil, and finally apply a thin coat of varnish. Once dry, apply a second coat.
How to Make a Metal Stainless Steel Outdoor Dining Table?
- a.Angle steel, laminates, screws and other accessories
- b.Angle steel model 38*38*1.8
- c.A total of 22 meters of angle steel, the cutting length is 4 pieces of 1.9 meters, 1 piece of 1.5 meters, 6 pieces of 0.8 meters, 10 pieces of 0.6 meters, 2 pieces of 0.7 meters, 1.5 meters * 0.3 meters, 6 pieces of 1 meter * 0.3 meters 2 piece
- d.Two sets of 16 foot pads, one set of 100 screws, and a set of 24 triangles. The complete set of triangles includes three sets of 64 matching screws.
- a.First, it must be produced according to the drawings or proposed specifications;
- b.Prepare the required materials
- c.Cutting materials must be accurate, ensuring that the length and verticality or 45° interface are correct;
- d.The welding or screws must be firm;
- e.The facade should be level and not inclined;
- f.Polish the edges and corners.
How to DIY a Mosaic Table?
a.Draw the design pattern on the paper according to the proportions, and use colored pencils to mark the position of each mosaic on the drawing.
b.If the desktop is made of wood, you can use a wallpaper knife to carve a mesh effect on the desktop to make it have stronger adhesion.
- Wear rubber gloves and use an old fruit knife to evenly apply the adhesive composed of polyvinyl alcohol and cement on the table (about 3 mm thick).
- Pay attention to leaving a blank space for the pattern.
- The distance between every two mosaics is about 3 mm.
- Then place the mosaic on the adhesive and press it gently.
- If there are any errors, correct them in time. The adhesive will reach normal strength after 20 minutes.
- For the sake of beauty, the sides of the table should also be inlaid with mosaics.
c.After all work is completed, leave the table for 24 hours to allow the adhesive to have maximum effect.
d.One day later, apply another layer of adhesive to the surface of the table so that all gaps are filled. If you add color to the adhesive, you can create a colorful seam effect.
e.Finally, use a wet sponge to wipe away excess adhesive and fill in uneven areas appropriately. After the adhesive has fully set, wipe the surface with a damp sponge again and you’re done.
If you are thinking about DIY tables and chairs that can make you feel natural when dining outdoors, DIY outdoor dining tables will be an ideal choice.Please read our article carefully, prepare the materials, and try it boldly. Creating an outdoor dining table that pleases you will also make you feel very happy.
Depending on your home environment, it can also be a pleasure to choose different styles of dining tables. You can ask your family members for their opinions and involve all members of the family.Doing something together as a family is also a good experience. Let’s enjoy a pleasant time outdoors with food and nature!